Each year our North Avoca Youth which incorporates our U15 through to U17 age groups participate in the SLSCC Youth leadership program.
The Program is structured as a series of workshops in a team based setting which is aimed at youth members who have leadership qualities that can be developed to enhance their future and that of surf lifesaving. Participants will take part in workshops and presentations for focussed learning, in addition to some physical activities and challenges. They will also complete problem solving exercises, face personal challenges and participate in team based activities, all delivered under the guidance of active leaders from lifesaving, business and the community.
The aim of the leadership program is for our North Avoca Youth:
- To be provided basic training in leadership and development
- To be able to create situations that promote fun learning experiences
- To be able to create an awareness of current issues, pathways and opportunities
- To promote teamwork, communication skills, networking and goal setting
- To develop confidence and self-esteem in a supportive environment
- Positively recognising youth members and provide opportunities for ideas to be exchanged
- To gain knowledge of the structure of Surf Lifesaving
- Have fun !
For more information please visit the SLSCC Youth Leadership Program Page